Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Parsnip Soup Opening

Here's a strange little piece of video, but it also happens to be one of my favorites. WAAAAAAAY Back in 2004, Andrew Willmore, Brian Fife, and I thought it would be a good idea to produce some videos for fun and post them out on the internet for people to enjoy. At the time, Brian was moonlighting as a Christian comedian and we had a great idea to put on show as a troup, using multimedia as our communication of choice. We had agood plan - we would open to this video, perform a live skit, show another video, and then Brian would have a 10-15 minute comedy set and then a message/ministry time deal. That was all well and good until I realized that I had a newborn daughter and the extra work of keeping up videos and a website was killing me. SOOOO, long story short, we have shelved the idea... for now. This is our cheesy sitcom style opening filmed on location in Birmingham and Oxford, AL. Let me know what you think of our madness!


5 comments:

Jane said...

I love the video, especially the part at the "phone booth" and you turn in to SuperDad...too cute. Where does the name "Parsnip Soup" come from?

DICK! said...

Well, Parsnip Soup comes from a cartoon short on HomestarRunner.com, one of the funniest shows around. There's a spoof of old black and white 20's and 30's cartoons on there and it involves protagonists trying to make Parsnip Soup and a nefarious villain trying to steal the parsnips. Hence, our name.

Anonymous said...

I've seen this before but it's still as funny as when I first saw it. More so, I think.

Andrew said...

"Paaaarsnip souuup."

Anonymous said...

I like the pushing of the pillars. You have talent. I would like to see the pilot.
--PJ