Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Vegas part 11 - The man who knew my name (aka, the freakiest moment of my life)

We had just gotten tickets to see Rick Thomas and Avenue Q when a man, who appeared to be homeless, stumbled by muttering to himself, somewhat like an idiot savant would do (you know, Rainman.)

As I passed him he mumbled, "rchrd...Richard... How's it going Richard?"

I answered, "I'm fiiiiiiyayayayaaaaa!" as an uneasy horror flooded over me. He knew my name. He knew MY NAME! How??

I was speechless as I listened to him immediately stumble past the next person and say their name, and they were as horrified as I was!

I was in a bit of a funk for the rest of the day... Who, or what knew my name? More importantly is why?

I'm still speechless...

2 comments:

Andrew said...

Dude. It was the Batman.

Well, not the Batman per se, but Bruce Wayne doing some of his fancy undercover work.

Of course he'd know your name.

He's the world's greatest detective.

Think about it.

Anonymous said...

Very freaky. Somehow I don't think it was Batman or Bruce Wayne. I believe it was Peter Parker. You know, kindred spirits. Whatever, that wasn't as funny as it sounded in my head. Anyway, definitely freaky. Maybe you should have said..."Get thee behind me satan", just to see what would happen.