Monday, May 08, 2006

Vegas part 5 - Harley Davidson and the Vegas Prophet

I know it has been a while since my last post, but I've been very busy and tired! I do hope to shorten my posts a little so that I can catch up. While we where in Vegas on Tuesday Night, there weren't that many shows on, so we decided to (begrudgingly) take a night off from the shows, and walk the town. While sightseeing, we ate at the Harley Davidson Cafe on the strip. It had a very cool atmosphere and good food.
The fun part came in when Jonathan Tompkins leaned over to me toward the end of the night and said, "Hey, Richard... Our waitress is an artist, and she's supposed to give someone her current piece of art."
Well, being the person I am and knowing how tight Jonathan is with God, the next time I saw her I had the confidence to ask her, "Hey, are you an artist?"
Of course her response was one of bewilderment as she said, "Yeah..."
So I told her what Jonathan told me. She kept coming back and was visibly freaked out, so we talked with her a bit more. Jonathan ended up prophesying to her a lot of things that she had been worried about, including the fact that she had a daughter and that she knew Jesus. By the time we left the restaurant, our waitress was sufficiently freaked and comforted by the words that were given her. I would say that this was a shining moment of the trip and that God always makes a way for his people to get encouragement. I know she knows this now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's cool.