Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Vegas Part 8 - Slow Bus from China

We had decided that the fastest and most economical way to travel (and most foot saving) in Vegas was on the Deuce double decker buses that circulate through the city. I enjoyed riding on the bus some on Tuesday and when we set out for our show with Carrot Top Wednesday evening, we hopped back on the bus. This time, a Chinese man was driving, and he was the most entertaining bus driver I have ever had the pleasure of riding with. He was very dry and monotone, with an obvious Chinese accent, so when the bus would stop at destinations, he would say things like "Frontier. Wednesday night. Cold Beer, Dirty Girls. Woo hoo." Now say that with no tone in your voice, no laughter, and a moderately heavy Chinese accent. If you don't laugh, you have no sense of humor. He went on to say many more hilarious things in this voice, but the other one that stuck out to me was this, "We have no courtesy in Las Vegas. Please be careful. When I get you safely to your destination, please do not walk out in front of my bus. I don't know how to do paperwork." Wotta Card!

No comments: