Monday, March 27, 2006

Awake, Awake, O Zion!

At long last, I finally get to reveal my plans for the look of the next series that Kent will be doing here! As of right now, the title might be either Awake, Awake, O Zion! or it might turn into Restoration. I prefer Awake, Awake, as it allows for a more creative outlet for the series design. This message has been kicking around upstairs for a few weeks. It started out as Spiritual War but was quickly changed to Awake, Awake; and now, since the underlying theme is Restoration, it is up in the air to just name it that. Anyway, aside from Isaiah 52:1 on the design, the inspiration for the theme and imagery comes from Joel 2, and since the whole chapter is too long to post here, you should go to Bible Gateway and read the scripture, especially if you want to know about the imagery in the design. Here's to hoping this design gets approved!


3 comments:

Andrew said...

This may well be my favorite of your recent cover designs so far. I like how you used the silhouette of the dude on the mountain and then have the transparancy of the closeup in the background. Was silhouette dude already on the mountain, or did you create him from the original photo? Also, is he Matisyahu? (Sorry, I couldn't resist...)

DICK! said...

I did indeed fabricate silhouette dude on the mountain, using a combination of two images, one being the shofar image in the transparency, and the other a silhouette. I had to freehand a little, but you shouldn't be able to tell where... It is indeed my favorite of my recent designs, thank you for agreeing. I have indeed dubbed silhouette-Jew "Matisyahu". Indeed. Indeed, indeed.

Andrew said...

Watch it with the indeeds...you're going all Raddish Rump on me.