Monday, March 13, 2006

Spiritual War

Yo! I'm back to fight the evil! I worked half a day on a design for our weekend services, the theme of which was to be based on Spiritual Warfare. Having designed a new graphic, I found that the schedule was changed and I will be spending the remainder of the afternoon working on a design for the renamed series. I will most likely use this design down the road at some point, but I thought I would post it here for your viewing enjoyment. Huzzah!

I wanted to do a take on an old WWII poster for a graphic, but I couldn't find one that wsa good enough, and I can't paint, so that went down the drain. I found the helmet on istock.com and thought that the striking image over black was pretty impactful as it was... too bad I have to give up on it now. I had just gotten into a great flow of creativity with this theme, but c'est la vie!

The new design will be Awake! Awake! O, Zion. A bit more challenging of a design, but I'm sure it'll come to me. I have a few ideas kickin' around upstairs... We'll see. I'm sure that if I design something for that, then I'll post it here as well...

2 comments:

Andrew said...

I like that design! Too bad the concept got shot down before it was finished, but maybe the topic will be revisited soon. Looking forward to see ing what you come up with for "Awake, Awake O Zion!" How about a picture of a very sleepy Garfield holding a cup of coffee, and he's saying, "I hate Mondays." I think that would be terribly clever. Because, you know, he can't wake up or something.

DICK! said...

Freaking awesome! That WOULD be sweet up here. I'm having trouble with it, though. I was trying to do a whole shofar/mountain/cloudy thing from Joel 2, but I can't seem to find good imagery for it... maybe tomorrow. If you have any other suggestions (besides Sarge yelling at Beetle or Blondie yelling at Dagwood) please feel free to help me get paid. Yummy!