Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Women & Menorah


I did change this week's design per Kent's instructions to portray the 7 Spirits of God as a Menorah. I just wish we had this image at the beginning of the series so we could have played off of it a little more. Once again, as most of my design stock, I got the image from istock.com and manipulated it (it was a hanukiah menorah) to accurately reflect a true menorah. From there, I added Candles and flames, but I thought that the image itself needed a little more explanation, so I replaced the candles with the 7 spirits. I left the flames burning above the words for a little more symbolism and effect. I would have loved to have begun with the series to light each spirit as we came to it, culminating with the Spirit of the Lord, but we're just now getting to theme our services correctly.

The four hebrew letters on the design are the tetragrammaton, or Yahweh. I love the way the hebrew alphabet looks, and I am currently working on a design for the back of our bulletin featuring Shalom in Hebrew. Alas, I won't post it, as it is very similar to this design...

Next week's series begins the Awake! Awake! O, Zion! series, which I am looking forward to the design! I'll post that ASAP! Enjoy!

1 comment:

Andrew said...

Yes, it's too bad indeed we didn't have this for the whole series, as that would have been neat. My favorite thing is that you left the candle flames atop the words.