Wednesday, April 19, 2006

EVEN MORE Funny Scary Stuff

Here's one for the ages, and it tells how sentimental I have been throughout the years. I had some good times at WTJP TV60 when it was under the All American Network Banner. I was the Southeastern Regional Production Manager for AAN and we had a lot of fun learning a lot of new video techniques with non-linear editing and show production. Of course there are always hang ups and annoying people wherever you go, but, as the long and short of it goes, AAN was bought out by TBN. Now, AAN was already affiliated with TBN, but I didn't really want to be hired by TBN. Of course, TBN made sweeping changes, took away our hope for the future, took away our equipment, and fired employees. This left me pretty much creatively bankrupt, leading to my disillusionment with the network. I worked with some good friends at TV60 and so I did this image as a tribute to them in our last days. The people featured are Eric Martin, who is currently lead singer for Stained Glass Republic, Andrew Willmore, cartoonist-and-still-hanging-on Production Manager at TV60, myself, and Ryan Humphrey, and I don't know what he is doing nowadays, but he was a dedicated employee. This was my amateur attempt at an homage. Laugh all you like, but we had some good times!

1 comment:

Andrew said...

Damn, that is one freaky image.
:-O
(it even caused me to use an emoticon!)