Monday, April 17, 2006

Funny Scary Stuff Part Four (cause I don't know the French for four.)

This is the last of my early designs for KMM, The Life of a Radical Believer. I can't say too much in defense of this piece, as even in concept it is pretty poor. My idea of a Radical believer back then was apparently someone who lifts their hands in praise to God. Not very radical. Mix that in with a picture of a far from radical church, a background including a bible that only an old woman would have, and a "subliminal" message of a cup overflowing, and Voila! You have what is probably the worst stuff I've done. This design is excrement from concept to design, and the only positive thing i can find in it is that the silhouette is of - you guessed it - Andrew. Which means that I not only go to him for art, but also stock images. Boy. I'm glad we all experience Radical growth, cause this one's a steamer.

1 comment:

Andrew said...

Clearly this design was flawed. "The Life of a Radical Believer" should have featured a surfer dude reading his Bible while actually surfing. But then I couldn't have posed for that one, and therefore you wouldn't have my silhouette looking like it's either worshiping a church building or perhaps it's thirstily hoping to catch some of the overflow from that subliminal cup.